Bannock Development Corporation (BDC) in cooperation with our regional economic development partners will facilitate a healthy economy for the Bannock County area.
Goal 1: Maintain a strong association and cooperation with existing business/industry, economic development agencies, community organizations, and government entities for enhanced development of the region Partnerships include, but are not limited to:
- Cities of Pocatello and Chubbuck
- Bannock (and surrounding) Counties
- Idaho Economic Development Association (IEDA)
- Eastern Idaho Economic Development Partners
- Pocatello and Bingham Chambers of Commerce
- Various Local and Regional Businesses
- Idaho Departments of Commerce and Labor
- Idaho State University
- Idaho National Laboratory
- Idaho Small Business Development Center
- Regional Development Alliance
- Idaho Rural Partnership
- Tech Connect East
- And Many, Many Others
Goal 2: Facilitate the creation of jobs and promote workforce development by attracting new industries and businesses as well as efforts to help existing companies through retention and expansion (BRE).
The BDC Criteria for new businesses includes:
- Compatibility with local strengths and advantages
- Employment opportunities that meet the needs of local residents
- Potential contribution to the area’s economic vitality and diversity
- Environmentally desirable
- Ability to utilize local infrastructure and services
Goal 3: Promote education and partner with Idaho State University in academic and economic development Strategies include: Assisting in strengthening the partnership between ISU, INL, and other industries Highlighting the ISU Business and Research Park for further advancement of Research and Development (R&D) companies that facilitate private-public research grants.
Goal 4: Actively support the continued presence and new missions of the INL Strategies to support and partner with the INL include emphasizing the following: The strength of having one of nine DOE facilities in our backyard The R&D capabilities at the INL, particularly in developing ways to address energy issues in our global economy INL’s interest in technology transfer and supporting local businesses.